- Landed! Woo!
- Backed out! Boo! Thanks to a Ts regression on OS X 10.5.8, which turned out to be bug 519893 again.
- A little background: A specific OS function in OS X sometimes takes significantly longer if there is no monitor attached. So IT adds resistors to the monitor port of the Mac Minis that run Talos, to trick OS X into believing there is a monitor plugged in. Yes, this really is as ridiculous as it sounds.
- Successful test day on April 30th (Henrik did an awesome job, over a 16-hour day)
- Plenty of bugs found, but no show-stoppers. Some were known, others not. (And yes, finding bugs is a good thing.)
- Also got a lot of feedback on the UI design
- Test days mean a LOT of bugmail
- Mossop will be re-landing soon
Target for next week
- This is temporarily low-priority for me, while I get stuck in on starting App Tabs (see below). So I'm not expecting to get a lot done here, sans any reviews that may come up from people submitting patches (hint hint).
- Picked up this project, together with Marco
- Marco will be working on the Home Tab (a locally hosted home page that sits in a special App Tab)
- I'll be working on App Tabs (small persistent tabs that show a often-used specific site/page, and don't get lost in all your other tabs)
- Looked to see if any addon has this implemented in a way that could be uplifted, but didn't find anything suitable
- Started working on a proof-of-concept
- Hit various roadblocks and discovered its going to be more work than originally anticipated
- Tabbrowser makes certain assumptions everywhere that I need to burn with fire correct
- Hoping that once the foundation is set, everything else can be separate bugs. eg: syncing between windows, make the documents single-instance, etc
- Finish foundation work in tabbrowser
Target for next week
- Want to at least get the basic stuff working properly. Not sure whether that will include review-ready code or not (sadly, probably not)
- Regardless of how exciting an existing project is, starting a new project always seems somehow more exciting