And other Unfocused things.
- Install/uninstall/update working really nicely. This took longer than expected, due to:
- Some issues with the new API – Mossop has added various new functions, properties, and events
- Some bugs with the API that tests didn’t find – these are being fixed by Mossop, with additional tests added
- Various things I haven’t considered or anticipated (such as providers installing addons without using an AddonInstall object)
- I had some preconceptions about the flow of events and state of installs/upgrades which turned out not to be entirely accurate
- Various CSS and layout tweaks (such as making buttons look pretty) – CSS3 is my friend
- Various bugs I found along the way
- Filed a bajilion bugs on the UI and API – things that need fixed, features that need implemented
- Waiting on some placeholder icons from Boriss
- More bug fixes!
- Initial landing on mozilla-central
- Write a mocking provider, for automated testing (and additional dogfooding of the private API)
Target for next week
- Add support for addon installs that don’t use an AddonInstall object and its events (bug [bug id=553515])
- Make enable/disable prompt for restart (bug [bug id=553631])
- Fix display when no update is found (bug [bug id=553870])
- Consolidate “Restart Now” buttons to just one entry (bug [bug id=553460])
- Any other P1 and P2 bugs I can get to
- Start writing mocking provider
- Initial reviews
- Planning and testing are necessary but not adequate on their own. Dogfooding will invariably find issues that planning and testing could not.
- Spare time suffers from Parkinson’s Law (and at times, both of them)