- Plenty of discussion at the recent Firefox team work week (which was awesome and I blogged about here)
- The project branch is setup
- Mossop is landing the new API there, and gathering performance data before and after the new API
- I'll be landing the new UI there soonish
- Aiming to complete the first milestone by the end of March (and have it landed on trunk)
- Extension Manager needs to be usable for all basic functionality (install/uninstall/enable/disable, displaying basic information)
- Additional functionality will come in later milestones (such as better AMO integration, potential performance improvements)
- Resolved remaining localization to-dos and issues
- Wish DownloadUtils.jsm had better localization support built-in
- Certain problems make me look forward to l20n
- Improved enable/disable interactions. Still have tweaks to do, especially with the new mockups from Boriss
- Some work on hooking up download/install/update.
- Need to figure out what to display until AMO integration is implemented (does this even matter for nightlies?)
- Bring up to speed with latest mockups from Boriss
- Finish hooking up download/install/update/uninstall/undo
- Notifications - restart needed, compatibility check being disabled, etc
Target for next week
- Install/uninstall/update progress - depending on API completeness
- General tweaks based on new mockups (eg, disabled addons, search filters)
- Manual updates
- Got super-review
- Landed on trunk, but had to backout due to:
- Weird merge issues (re-merging manually fixed this)
- The browser-chrome test somehow made another (unrelated) test timeout. I really wish Mochitest started with a clean-slate on each test.
- Did not make it into 3.7a3 as planned
- It is difficult to get a larger project landed without any difficulty.
- Stress is a productivity killer. I need to not let certain things stress me so much.
- Software is hard. Kittens are soft.