In case you've been living under a rock (one without internet access), or somehow survive without sipping from the firehose that is Planet Mozilla, there's been a new meme circulating recently. One or two people have been posting a list of seven things that their colleagues/friends may not know about them. And then, like a virus, this is has been passed on to seven more victims, and so on.
Here are were the rules:
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged.
And as we all know, rules are meant to be broken - so lets obliterate them one by one.
- No one tagged me, so I have no one to link back to. Maybe I'm unknown, or maybe I'm just unpopular. And even though I've included the list of rules, breaking part of a rule is just as good as breaking all of it. So rule #1 gets the boot.
- No real reason for breaking this rule, but why quit so early? So I'll do 6 things and throw rule #2 out the window.
- I'm lazy, and this meme has been going for awhile now. As such, its too much effort to find 7 people that haven't done this already. Rule #3 bites the dust.
- With rule #3 out the door, I've got no one to tell that no one has been tagged. Ergo, bye-bye rule #4.
So without further a do, here are my seven six unsolicited things you may not know about me:
- I once considered becoming a full-time professional artist. I've had my paintings displayed in galleries, as well as published, and have had unsolicited bids on my work.
- I'm gluten intolerant. Basically, this means I can't eat anything with wheat, rye, or barley in it (although I'm fine with oats). One bite of bread is enough to send me to bed for 2 weeks.
- I've spent an unusually long time at university, and yet technically only have one BA degree (in Computer Science). I'm a hair's width away from getting a BSc in Psychology. I've also dabbled in Art History, Philosophy, Latin, and Archeology/Anthropology.
- I grew up in what has been described as the most conservative town in New Zealand. I didn't like it much, and I still don't like going back there.
- Most people I know in real life have never seen my face. This includes my partner.
- I just turned 24. I have my own house, a beautiful partner, a playful kitten, and my dream job. Few people reach this in a lifetime, and I cherish every moment of it (except mornings).